Tuesday, October 30, 2007

hair gets in my eyes

looking up
Photo courtesy of my "dad"

I went to the vet yesterday. The woman who takes care of me got a little freaked out by my right eye. Every morning she cleans the schmutz out of my eyes, which I really appreciate, though I can't help but wiggle around when she does it. For the past week my right eye has been a little cloudy and she hasn't been able to get the junk out of my eyes. Yesterday, I guess it looked really bad and she thought I might've hurt the membrane in my eye, so she took me to the vet.

I didn't mind so much since the vet is really cute. I admit, I loved the attention. She examined my eyes, asked a bunch of questions and rubbed my belly a lot. Turns out, I have hair growing in my eyes. In the corner, near the tear ducts, the hair is growing in my eye. So every time the woman who takes care of me would wipe it away, it would just go underneath my eyelid, only to resurface after I blink. So we're going to an opthalmologist tomorrow, to see if they should "cryo" it (whatever that means) so that the hair will stop growing, or if I need eye surgery.

Although I don't know what I'm going to dress up as for Halloween, this could throw a wrench in my plans. If I have to have eye surgery and wear an eye patch, maybe I should dress like a pirate.

No comments: