Tuesday, August 14, 2007

other dogs i know

tank and wonton
photo courtesy of the man who takes care of me

A few weeks ago (though it seems like forever ago to me), I went to the Dog Day Afternoon at the Cathedral shindig and met a lot of other downtown dogs. That was the best day ever. That was the first time that the man and woman who take care of me let me out in public and around other dogs. Something about waiting until I get all my shots and build up immunity or some nonsense like that. The man (I think his name is "Baby", that's what the woman keeps calling him) and woman who take care of me kept me on a leash so I couldn't run all over the place, but it was cool because I was able to sniff around and made as many friends as possible.

There were so many friendly dogs and we were all over the plaza. That's Sherman Tank and me in the picture above, moments before he slobbered all over me. I sniffed this golden retriever named Buddy. I don't think he realized I was back there because he wagged his tail and knocked me down! Thankfully I'm really low to the ground and didn't get hurt in the fall, just embarrassed. I was like, "Whoa, did anybody see me eat the pavement?" Ed, Don and Gary were snapping pictures and someone was shooting video, but I don't think anyone saw me.

ruby
photo courtesy of the man who takes care of me

I met Joe and Ruby, who live in the Historic Core. That's Ruby in the picture above. I like Ruby, but I don't think she's that into me. Hard to believe, I know! I even let the woman who takes care of me give Ruby some of my liver treats. She ate three, but still kinda ignored me. I think it's because I'm a little short for her. It could also be my age, but who knows what these bitches like, right?

Boo_and_Luca_08122007
photo by Benjamin Pezzillo
This is Boo and Luca, who I also met at the Cathedral. Boo didn't look like that when I met her. I swear, I didn't do that to her. I'm not pointing my paws at anybody, but if I were looking for the culprit, I'd look at the dog behind Boo. The woman who takes care of me tried to give Luca one of my liver treats, but he didn't want any. The guy on the other end of Luca's leash said that Luca is a redneck like him and will only eat fatty and/or cheesy things. I've never had cheesy things, what do those taste like? Do they taste like liver? And what's a redneck?

If I met you at the Cathedral event or at the Lofty Dog, please email the woman who takes care of me. I'm pretty sure she forwards all my mail. Oops, I gotta go. The woman just sat down and said something about being exhausted. I think that means she wants to play with me. So now I'm going to run out the front door like I need to poop (only I don't) and run around the patio picking up stuff with my mouth until she catches me. I don't know what these things are, but the woman gets all excited and gives me liver treats if I spit them out. Must be great stuff if she's handing out liver treats in exchange. I'll come back after we're done playing and tell you all about the Yappy Hour at The Lofty Dog last week.

1 comment:

. said...

Hey I might have met Ruby too. Does she live with a guy whose face looks exactly like hers? They've been everywhere, in the galleries and Metropolis. They're a funny couple.